By Alina Bradford
Earth-conscientious artists have another choice when it comes to eco-friendly paints and pigments. Glob is a new company that uses only natural items like fruits, vegetables and other all-natural plant compounds to make their products. Berries, basil, lemons and pomegranates are common ingredients this companies’ paint.Artist Ashley Phelps created Glob to fill the need for sustainable products in the fine art market.
What Are Glob Paints
The Glob paints are water-soluble and are a lot like all-natural watercolors, but with a twist. All of the paints in the Glob product line are all-natural, non-toxic and can be used for a variety of creative projects. For example, you can paint with them on paper or add them to molding compounds.
Glob Painting Ideas
Another trait that sets these paints apart from traditional painting mediums is the fact that it comes in a powdered pigment form instead of a cake or a tube. Artists will find that the powder is perfect for some unusual painting techniques like. Here are some ideas:
- Blow or sprinkle the powder onto your paper, then spritz it with a fine mist of water.
- Dip wet fingers into the powdered pigment and smear your fingers across wet paper.
- Coat your paper with a thin layer of glue and sprinkle the pigment onto the surface as if you were creating sand art.
- Shape the pigments into homemade pastels.
- Dip your brush into water and then into the pigment instead of making the powder into a liquid.