New member of the AfterShot family makes RAW conversion and photo management more affordable on Windows
Ottawa, ON – September 11, 2014 – Corel’s Photo Editing group is growing its photo software lineup with the introduction of a new member of the Corel® AfterShot™ product family. Based on the power of the recently releasedAfterShot™ Pro 2, Corel now also offers the new AfterShot™ 2 for Windows, giving photo enthusiasts a sophisticated and powerful RAW photo editing and adjustment application at a highly affordable price.
“With the launch of AfterShot 2, Corel is addressing three trends. One, enthusiasts today have thousands of photos and need better ways of managing them. Second, everyone who’s truly passionate about photography should consider a leap to RAW for the quality and superior results it can deliver. Finally, the high price and subscription push of Lightroom restricts many entry-level enthusiasts from getting into a legitimate photo workflow product,” said Greg Wood, Product Management, Corel Photo Editing. “AfterShot 2 changes this by delivering a powerful and creative feature set that’s based on the impressive power of AfterShot Pro, but available at price of just $39.99—an incomparable value.”
With 64-bit performance and a wide array of photo management and adjustment options, AfterShot 2 lets photographers make the most of their RAW and JPEG images:
- Complete photo adjustment: Quickly enhance photos with a wide variety of adjustment tools, including Crop, Straighten, Highlight Recovery, Noise Removal, Color, Temperature, Exposure, Highlights, Fill Light and more.
- Support for hundreds of RAW profiles: With more than 250 RAW camera profiles (and counting!), AfterShot 2 supports RAW files from all major camera manufacturers.
- Powerful & customizable photo management: Quickly organize your photos, and easily add new ones at any time. Powerful search tools, including ratings and keywords, let you find the right photos when you need them. Access photos from existing folders, on a network or on a memory card. Catalogs can help you organize and manage your collection as it grows.
- Batch processing: Process single batches of images quickly using presets or custom settings.
- Quick review: Trouble deciding between similar shots? Easily compare two images side-by-side in AfterShot 2.
- Multi-version editing: Easily make adjustments to multiple versions of your master photo while ensuring the original is always protected.
- Precision editing: Apply adjustments exactly where you want them with Selective Editing. Use Layers and Regions to isolate precise areas of your image for adjustment.
- Red eye removal: Get precise control when cleaning up red eye in your photos.
- Accurate color correction: Enjoy extensive control over the color in your entire image or any single color with several adjustment tools.
- Lens correction: Fix lens distortion and restore the detail and accuracy of your images with advanced lens correction processes including Geometric, Vignette and Chromatic Aberration.
- Quick web galleries: Create a web gallery to share your images online. Choose from various gallery styles to control how your photos are displayed.
- Easy back up: Use batches to easily back up and archive your images.
For users looking for even more professional photo adjustment, management and RAW power, AfterShot Pro 2 offers unmatched value.
Available for only $79.99, AfterShot Pro 2 delivers all the features of AfterShot 2, plus:
- Multi-platform support: Corel AfterShot Pro 2 is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Multi-seat licensing: Install on up to three PCs for non-concurrent use—no subscription required.
- Complete High Dynamic Range (HDR) tools: Available now for Windows and coming soon to Mac and Linux.
- Dramatic speed improvements: Thanks to full multi-threading and OpenCL support, take advantage of exceptionally fast RAW conversion and batch processing that’s up to 4x faster than the competition.
- More pro-level adjustment tools: Take advantage of Local Contrast and additional color correction options.
- Catalogs: AfterShot Pro 2 supports up to 20 open catalogs.
- Athentech Perfectly Clear Noise Removal
Whether you choose Corel AfterShot 2 or Corel AfterShot Pro 2, when you want to do more creative image editing, it’s easy to send your images to Corel PaintShop Pro or another professional image editing program. The new PaintShop Pro X7 offers hundreds of features and pro-level effects for advanced image manipulations giving you a total photography workflow.
Pricing and Availability
The new Corel AfterShot 2 is available for Windows in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian and Japanese. Suggest retail pricing is $39.99 (USD/CAN). For regional pricing details, please visit www.aftershotpro.com.
AfterShot Pro 2 is available for Windows, Mac and Linux in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian and Japanese. Suggested retail pricing is $79.99 (USD/CAN) and existing registered users can purchase for the upgrade price of $59.99 (USD/CAN). For regional pricing details, please visit www.aftershotpro.com.
To download a free, fully-functional trial version or for more information on Corel AfterShot 2, please visitwww.aftershotpro.com.
To access volume licensing for commercial and education organizations, please visit www.corel.com/licensing.
Join the Raw Conversation
Connect with AfterShot users on Facebook www.facebook.com/
About Corel Photo Editing
Whether you’re an enthusiast or professional photographer, Corel Photo Editing software is dedicated to helping you achieve your best photos ever. The Corel Photo Editing product lineup includes the renowned PaintShop Pro for powerful image editing and AfterShot Pro, the industry’s fastest RAW photo workflow software. Corel is one of the world’s top software companies providing some of the industry’s best-known brands including Roxio®, Pinnacle™ and WinZip®. For more information about Corel Photo Editing software, please visit www.paintshoppro.com.